Easy Habits That Boost Intelligence
10 Simple Routines for Enhanced Brainpower
Want to upgrade from a flip phone to a smart brain? Here’s 10 daily habits to give your brain the boost it deserves, personally vetted through experience.
- Read more, forget less: Immerse yourself in books, articles, and the written word to boost your brain power. Many recommend having both a fiction and nonfiction book going at the same time.
- Move your mind through your body: Physical activity can pump up your brain and enhance cognitive performance, as well as relieve stress and a host of other benefits.
- Learn something new every day: Keep your brain sharp by trying out new hobbies, taking online courses,, attending workshops, or even just getting closer to a loved one.
- Write it down: Putting your thoughts on paper can help you communicate better, increase creativity, and keep your memories intact.
- Reflect and recharge: Take some time to think about your thoughts, emotions, and experiences every day. It’s like giving your brain a tune-up. Some call this meditation.
- Sweet dreams: Make sure you get enough shuteye every night to give your brain a well-deserved rest. Slowing down early in the evening helps.
- Stay organized, stay sane: A cluttered workspace can lead to a cluttered mind. Keep your space clean and your schedule in order to maximize productivity.
- Connect with humans: Spending time with loved ones, friends, and coworkers can broaden your perspectives, improve communication skills, and spark creativity.
- Mind your mindfulness: Engage in meditation or other mindfulness practices to reduce stress and improve focus. It’s like hitting the reset button for your brain.
- Challenge yourself: Set goals, take on new challenges, and never stop improving. Push past fears. Your brain will thank you!
These habits also boost our productivity, ironically, as they give our brain a rest between tasks, which is often when we come up with creative breakthroughs.