How a “Cacao Ceremony” Can Supercharge Your Day
Intuition from Chocolate?
Sometimes an article can take days to write. This one I wrote in one morning. Was it because the chocolate nutrient-rich Cacao beverage I drank?
Possibly, it certainly provided a lift and a mental focus with a side of bliss.
Starting with cacao in the morning while setting an intention, often called a “Cacao Ceremony,” is growing in popularity these days. Mainly because they give you a way to start the day doing something that tastes good, feels good and is good for you.
However, a lot of the ceremonies involve too many ingredients, blenders and other things that make don’t make for a simple morning. Bliss shouldn’t be complicated.
That’s the intention of this article, to show you an easy way to launch into the day with this fantastic tradition.
The best part is, there’s still a lift like coffee, but it’s gentle, more sustaining and goes deeper into the core of a good, productive day: gratitude and setting an intention.
How is Cacao Different from Chocolate?
Cacao (pronounced ka-cow) is chocolate cocoa in its original form before it gets overly processed.
Cacao remains raw, while cocoa get heated to the point where much of its nutritional value is lost. Cacao and cocoa are both bitter in taste, so require sweetening for consumption.
Cacao retains the mood-altering nutrients for a blissful day filled of intuition.
Where Does Cacao Come From?
This precious food is native to rainforests of the Amazon and Orinoco river basins. The cacao tree was domesticated 5,300 years ago. It’s now grown commercially in the New World tropics as well as western Africa and tropical Asia.
Cacao seeds are cocoa beans, processed into chocolate as well as cocoa powder and butter.
The cocoa beans of the Criollo variety which are rarer and considered a delicacy, that’s the kind we use in our ceremony below.
Benefits of Cacao
- Heart opening — induces a deep sense of gratitude
- Flavonoids — shown to help lower blood pressure, improve circulation and aid in preventing blood clots
- Induces Bliss — Cacao has four science-backed bliss chemicals — serotonin, tryptophan, phenylethylamine and tyrosine. These neurotransmitters bestow a cozy feeling and destroy depression. It’s a delicious way to get a legal buzz!
- A true superfood — containing high quantities of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and other healthy, anti-aging goodies
- Reduces risk of diabetes from the flavonoids which may help increase insulin sensitivity
- Promotes healthy digestion — the key to good health — promoting metabolism while alleviating the risk and symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome and other digestive issues.
- Powers up the body with fiber, potassium iron, protein, and magnesium — and it tastes good? WOW!
- Lifts the spirit into a tranquil, intuitive state
My Simple (No-Mess) Cacao Ceremony Recipe:
- Fill your favorite coffee mug half with milk (I prefer oat or almond milk) and half with water.
- Drop a chunk of cacao paste into the drink and heat in the microwave for as long as you would heat up a cup of tea.
- Stir in some natural sweetener, I use honey, but maple syrup or agave are also tasty and healthy.
Optional additions: Vanilla, Cinnamon, Chilli powder, Turmeric (get creative!)
How to Do a Morning Cacao Ceremony
- Go somewhere comfy, happy and peaceful.
- Lift the drink slowly, inhale the luscious aroma.
- Sip the warm beverage, bringing to mind blessings received.
- Drink down the cacao, feeling it warm your belly.
- Now, pause and think of an intention for your day.
- Sip the drink more, letting the ancient wisdom of the cacao awaken your intuition to gain insights to complete your intention, or even your soul mission.
You don’t need to be any religion or spirituality, just give thanks to your Source.
Afterward is a great time to jot down epiphanies, meditate, do a yoga session or go for a walk in nature.
Whatever you do from here on will eminate from the awesomeness and deliciousness of your cacao ceremony.
Is there a trusted Source for Cacao?
The Cacao I’ve found success with is Here.
It’s Unsweetened Cacao Powder With Rich Dark Chocolate Flavor, Great for Baking & Smoothies, Non-GMO, Certified Vegan & Gluten-Free.
Thank you for supporting my sharing of wellness tips and favorite products for the benefit of all! When you click a link on this page and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission to support me in continuing to spread welllness tips to you and others. It’s a win-win!
None of the statements on this web page have been evaluated by the FDA and none of the statements on this page should be construed as dispensing medical advice and/or making claims regarding the cure of diseases. You should consult a licensed health care professional before starting any supplement, dietary, or exercise program, especially if you are pregnant or have any pre-existing injuries or medical conditions.These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any diseases. Joe’s aim is to recommend products he whole-heartedly trusts or that have benefitted him personally through experience.